Skip to content
7 Interesting Facts about Hummingbirds
What you should know:
- There are 15 types of hummingbirds in the U.S.A and 5 types in Canada.
- Hummingbirds depend on artificial sugar until nature brings blossoms.
- Hummingbirds feed 5-8 times per hour and consume approximately ½ of their weight in sugar daily.
- At least 3 hummingbird feeders are recommended per yard to reduce conflict.
- Feeders should be set out by early May (in Canada) and early April (Southern USA).
- Hummingbirds are attracted to bright colors such as red, orange, and yellow.
- Hummingbirds can live up to 10 years coming back to the same feeder every year.